- From July 2015 to February 2017 I was the freelance editor of Popular Patchwork magazine.
- Previous to this I have been featured in, written features, or designed projects for various sewing magazines including Love Patchwork and Quilting, Making, The Quilter and Embroidery.
- My book, The Beginner’s Guide to Quilting was published in 2013, and I was a contributor to 50 Fat Quarter Makes. Both are published by David and Charles/FW Media.
- I have a keen interest in quilt history, particularly in Britain between 1950 and 1990. My paper; "The Role of Liberty in the post 1960s UK Quilt Revival" was published by the British Quilt Study Group in 2010 (more details here).
CONTENT MANAGEMENT AND PR ADVICE
- Over the last three years I have worked for several small companies in the quilting and sewing industry advising on, and writing, press releases, social media plans and blog posts.
Talks and presentations
- This talk is based on my paper, "The Role of Liberty in the post 1960s UK Quilt Revival". It lasts about 45 minutes long, and I have given this talk to many groups and in shops.
Patchwork and Quilting
- This talk gives an introduction to the craft of patchwork and quilting, and talks about what quilts are and how they are made. I also talk a little about my journey into quilt making, with samples and anecdotes.
- In 2014, 2015 and 2016 I demonstrated quilt making on stage in the Lifestyle Theatre at the Knitting and Stitching show in London.
- In Autumn 2014, I was a quilt presenter for ten episodes of the Craft Daily television programme.